Monday, October 27, 2014

You Must Deny Your Flesh Daily


Greetings and Blessings!!

Thanking God for another day that is filled with new promises and new mercies. It is the start of a new week! We are in the last week of the month of October and this upcoming Saturday will be the first of November. This month has gone by so fast and we are slowly but surely approaching the New Year of 2015. There is still time for you to set out and accomplish whatever it is that you want to do within this year. Also, there is nothing wrong with starting to think about the goals that you want to achieve for the upcoming New Year. I wanted to share this quote with you all. It is so important in this walk that we kill/deny off our flesh DAILY!!! We must not give into the temptation of what our flesh wants. Is this an easy task to do, NO! But it is something that we must do in order to be led and fed by the Holy Spirit. Whatever that voice is speaking to you into giving into what your flesh wants you have to fight that off. Giving into what our flesh wants may bring a bit of pleasure but it will also bring some serious consequences that we have to deal with eventually. Is what your flesh wants really worth all that is going to coming? Is what your flesh wants really worth that temporary pleasure? The answer is, NO!!! God paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us when he died on the cross. He knows that we will make mistakes but he wants us to seek him when we feel that pressure in wanting to give into what our flesh is screaming/craving for.

This walk is not an easy walk but the reward for being obedient is worth all that we go through. It is important that we are surrounded by those individuals that is going to speak to our spirit. It is important that we surround ourselves with individuals that are speaking positive, encouraging, uplifting things in our lives. Again, if those that you are surrounded by are not adding value to your life or making you think on a more deeper and intimate level about things then it is time to clean house and let go of those relationships and/or friendships. Some of the things that you used to enjoy doing or the people that you use to hang out with may not get where God is trying to take you. And that is okay because he gave that vision to YOU and not THEM! God is trying to do a new thing in YOU in a NEW WAY but he can't until those things that used to satisfy you are no longer your focus.

I took a vow and made a declaration of purity. Even though, I am sexually abstaining from sex until marriage, this vow that I made means a lot more.  It means I want to be pure all around not just sexually. I want my heart to be pure, my mind to be pure, my thoughts to be pure, and my intentions to be pure. Was this easy to do, nope and is this something that everyone is going to get or understand especially in this world we live in, nope. But I didn't do it for the world, I did it for myself and the God that I serve. I want to be the woman he knows I can be and I am dedicated to serving him and only him. I pray you all's strength in dealing with whatever it is your flesh is wanting. Surround yourselves with people who uplift you and not tear you down. Hope you all have a great and blessed week!!

Be Blessed

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment