Sunday, October 12, 2014

Spending Quality Time With God

Greetings and Blessings!!

Good Morning All!! I hope you all are doing well! I also hope that you all had a great and blessed weekend! It is the beginning of a new week! We just got into the month of October and we only have to more weeks left in the month before we head into the month of November. The months are surely flying by and before we know it by the grace of God we will be ringing in to the New Year!! I am so thankful for this day! I am thankful for another chance and another opportunity that God has blessed me with. I have been reading The Prayer of Jabez Devotional along with my Women's Devotional Bible and it is funny how sometimes that the devotionals I am reading relate and go together in some way. I have also been writing in my journal a lot more and trying to be consistent with that as well. Because it gets hard sometimes and sometimes you just don't feel like reading or writing. Or sometimes I'll read but I'll forget to say a prayer for the day. It's so amazing how our minds can become consumed with so much stuff that don't really matter but we don't take the time out to hear from God or even speak to him. But I remember that its not about me but about God and that I cannot forget about him because he has never forgotten about me.

If we can take the time and be dedicated to other things within our lives then we can take the time and be dedicated to spending quality time with our Father. If it starts to feel that your spending time is more of an obligation then you need to do a heart check and check your motives. Despite all the things that may be happening in and around us, we have to make time to sit and be still and listen for God when he speaks. And when he does speak, are we willing to follow his words or choose another route? God knows us better then we know ourselves, he knows everything about us and he wants us his children to come to him to rest, to seek peace, to seek comfort, to seek spiritual understanding, to seek wisdom etc. But how can we do that if we don't spend time with him, if we don't take the time out to spend with him. Find a place that is comfortable to you where you can sit and have your quiet and quality time alone with God. Because just as much as we want to hear from him, he wants to hear from us as well! I pray you all have a great and productive week!!

Be Blessed

Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment