Sunday, January 25, 2015

What's Happiness To You

Greetings and Blessings!!!


Happy Sunday Everyone!! Hope you all doing well! Thanking God for allowing us to enter into the final week of the month! Oh, where has the month gone to (lol). So I watched the movie that came on Lifetime last night, With This Ring. Overall, I would say the movie was good and I think we all can relate to the concept of the movie in some form. What I took away from watching the movie was the old sayings of don't settle and stop waiting for something or someone to come along to make you happy. One of the words one of the main characters was saying throughout the movie was she wanted to be happy or have happiness in her life. To be happy or have happiness in one's life can mean different things to different people. But the overall theme of happiness is the thought of the good life, freedom from suffering, well-being, joy, prosperity, and pleasure. At the end of the day, we all want to be happy! But getting to that place of being happy or having happiness in your life takes work. We have to get out of the mindset of waiting for something/someone to come along to make us happy. I struggled with this very thing. I always thought if I could hurry up and move out of the place where I am residing then I would be happy or that the relationship I was in would save me and that I would be happy. I was placing people and things on a pedestal and putting God on the back burner as well as myself.

But then I had gotten a very in-depth reality check and that I can't look to other people or things to make me happy. I must look to the ONE that gave up his life for me! It is amazing to know that God looks at the heart and not the outward appearance as man does. I was so lost and didn't even realize it until I experienced the situation that I went through. One of the most valuable lessons that I learn from my situation was that happiness doesn't come from the world but it comes from seeking God's face and spending time with him. One doesn't have to look to the world in order to gain happiness because whatever you gain from the world is only temporary. But when you look to God and spend time with him you not only gain happiness but joy, peace, comfort, healing, etc.

I had to and still am searching for what makes ME happy. But I know that I won't just settle to having happiness in my life but I want everlasting JOY! Joy is something the world didn't give to me and the world can't take it away from me. Joy to me is no matter what comes my way and no matter how many times life tries to knock me down, God is in control of my life. Having the quite confidence that ultimately everything is going to be alright, and the determined choice to praise God in every situation! Because the God I serve will give me the strength I need to face what comes, he will direct my steps in the way he wants to me go, he will continue to work in and through me, and shape and mold me into the woman he knows I can become. It doesn't matter what society says I should be doing by this age or what I should have by this age. What matters is what God says and with God anything is possible!!!


Be Blessed

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment