Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Seeking God Wholeheartedly

Greetings and Blessings!!


I hope you all are doing well. I hope that everyone's week is going great thus far and that you all are having a great start off into the New Year. I know that in my last post I had shared with you that I am doing the 21 days REBIRTH Fast that Saved In The City is having. We are currently on the third day and the topic of the day was to worship with a whole heart. I've come to really understand what that means. When it comes to worship, we all have our different takes on it because we are all different. It is so important that we seek God with our whole heart and be genuine when it comes to seeking his face and being in his presence. As I've mentioned before, I had a relationship with God but I really didn't. I was that lukewarm Christian, I prayed every so often, I gave thanks when needed, and I went to him when I needed something or when I was in distress about something. But I never fully gave it my all meaning I didn't read my Bible and study and truly mediate on his word.

Now, as I am desiring to have a relationship with God and become closer to him. I must worship with my whole heart. When it comes to seeking his face and being within his presence, I really have to be serious about it. When studying/reading the Bible, I have to be open and attentive to what I am reading and how I can apply it to my life. Its not about reading scriptures to read them because you feel obligated. Its about giving thanks for all that he has done and giving thanks for what is to come. Its about giving thanks in spite of your circumstances or situation. Its about truly being on one accord with God and praising your way through whatever you are facing.

If we don't want to be mistreated by people who do things halfheartedly then we shouldn't mistreat God by worshiping him halfheartedly. So whenever you seek God, do it with your whole heart and be genuine about it.

Be Blessed

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment