Sunday, November 30, 2014

We Are Meant To Suffer

Greetings and Blessings!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone!! It is the last day of the month of November and we will be in the last month of the year come tomorrow!! The time is surely flying by so quickly. I pray that this month has been good to you and that no matter what did or didn't happen be thankful that you made it through another month. I was reading my devotion scripture this morning and then I went to read the book of 1 Peter. In this book, Peter writes this letter to the people suffering for their faith, reminding them of how much Jesus suffered. In this book, he inspires them with hope for the future and shows them how to grow in their faith. In reading what was wrote, I gained a new found image in what it means to be a Christian and follower of Christ. Yes, I knew that I would have to suffer and go through things in this life and that I wasn't exempt from anything. But reading this revealed to me that we are meant to go through hardships, painful circumstances within our lives. Just as Jesus suffered we are meant to suffer to. But in our suffering, we are meant to glorify HIS name! It is what we do in this suffering, will we scum to the pressures of what we are going through or will we fight through it and stand on and in his WORD?

This life is not meant to be an easy one and our walks, this journey that we all are on is not meant to be a walk in the park. We are supposed to SUBMIT ourselves to CHRIST and cling to him before clinging to things of this world. I feel that we get so caught up in running to other people when we are in trouble or going through something (and yes I am guilty of this too) instead of running to God first. God knows what we are going through and he wants to hear from us, his children. He knows the feelings that we have regarding our situations, the tears that we have shed, he knows us better than we know ourselves. I have learned that when one is going through something that one is getting and being prepared for what is coming next. Or that you will continue to face the same thing over and over until you learned the LESSON!

God doesn't want to see us in the same place forever but he also wants us to learn how to be content with where we are and what we have. I am THANKFUL for my SUFFERINGS because I am being molded and shaped into the woman that God knows I can be. I am THANKFUL for what this past year and a half has taught me about myself and other people. I am THANKFUL for the shedding of my OLD SELF and embracing my NEW SELF within CHRIST. I am this imperfect person and the daughter of the most high and he loves me for who I am. He wants better for me and in order to achieve better I have to suffer for awhile.


Be Blessed

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment