Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I Do or I Don't

Good Afternoon,

So there is this commercial for a new show that I have been seeing for the past few weeks. It's called, "Married At First Sight". The show is taken from a Danish series where the premise of the show is the same which is, following singles who are ready to get married but they haven't found the right match. Instead of signing up for a dating website or any other avenues, they decide to participate in a social experiment with arranged marriages. They meet with four different experts in helping to set them up with their perfect match but the big twist is they don't see each other until their wedding day. Now, when I first show this commercial it was very mind-blogging because I thought who in world came up with this idea for this kind of show. And why on earth would anyone would want to sign up for something such as this. But then it dawn on me that these people are just wanting and longing for companionship just like anybody else. But why go to this such extreme measure in trying to find the right or perfect match?

After reading about the contestants who are going to be on the show and why they are looking for love. It appears as though they haven't worked out their own past personal or relationship issues. How can you want to be with someone let alone marry them and you haven't dealt with your own past relationship or personal issues. WARNING SIGN: YOU MUST WORK ON YOURSELF AND HEAL BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO JUMP INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP! Yes, we all long to have this connection of companionship and be with our mate. But we have to let God work on us, heal us, and prepare us for this person. We can't go into something new and take our excess baggage and try to mask or hide it because it will eventually come to surface. Hey, I admit that I kinda would like to date but I don't feel that I'm ready for that. I know I need to continue to work on myself and let God continue to heal and mold me into the woman that he knows I can be. If I want my man or future husband to possess certain qualities I know I should possess those qualities as well. I feel that this is what is wrong with this generation today, they go from relationship to relationship and don't take the time to heal from their previous relationship. There is nothing wrong with taking time out for yourself and reconnecting with God. Its needed! Let him find you your mate he knows more then we will ever know and I am beginning to understand that.

Personally, I don't believe I will be tuning in to watch this show because I feel like they are playing with the sanctity of marriage. Even though I am single and hope to be married one day, I take the sanctity and the meaning of marriage very seriously. Marriage is not something to be played and toyed with. I feel as though a lot of people whether they are celebrities or not are just so quick to get a divorce and not put in the time and effort to make their marriage work. I feel as though all the time and effort one puts into planning a wedding they need to put that same time and effort into their marriage.


Be Blessed

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment