Sunday, June 22, 2014

To For Give or Not To Forgive

Good Morning,

I wanted to write another post yesterday but I had to contain myself and wait until today lol. The feeling that I got yesterday concerning what I am posting about was overwhelming but something that I feel that we all struggle with and that it is the topic of forgiveness. We all have been hurt by the words or actions of others whether it be family members, friends, co-workers, etc. The action or words that have been used against us can hurt us so deeply that we harbor these emotions within us for years. By keeping these emotions bottled up we become bitter, angry, resentful, and even revengeful. While the other person(s) that hurt us have just gone on about their business like nothing happen. You may be thinking that not forgiving the person(s) that have done you wrong is hurting them but in actuality it is really hurting you. Forgiving someone does not erase the damage that was done but it allows you the right to break free and not be a prisoner of what was done to you.

You could say that you could never be able to forgive those that hurt you or caused you so much pain and despair. But someone once told me, that if God was and is able to forgive me for my wrong doings, how can I go around and not forgive others. Now, again forgiving others does not mean that you are minimizing or justifying the wrong but being able to have the attitude of forgiveness brings a peace that will help you go on with life. Nothing can compare to having that feeling of joy and peace within yourself and in your life. I wouldn't be able to sit here and write about anything if I wasn't able to forgive those who have hurt me. It's not about them it is about me and being able to move forward and onward with my life no matter what. I don't want to be THAT GIRL, who harbors bitterness, anger, and resentment. I'm striving to become better and to become the woman that God knows that I can be.

It is important that we forgive others but also ourselves. You can't keep beating yourself up about things that God has already forgiven you for. I had this problem because I would ask for his forgiveness but I kept beating myself up about things. But I had to learn to truly let go and let God. Yes, he may not like the things we do but he won't love us any more or any less than he already does. No one will love us like God loves us. Forgiveness is an attitude that we have to learn how to embrace and genuinely learn how to forgive others but also ourselves.

Mark 11:25

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "

Daniel 9:9

"The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him."


Be Blessed

Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment