Thursday, June 26, 2014

To Be Irreplaceable One Must Be Different

Good Morning,

Just like any girl, I'm a lover of fashion! From the clothes to the shoes, purses, jewelry I love it all! Now, I am not a skinny minnie over here (lol) but do wear a size 14 and proud of it. Though I've never been into the brand name of fashion. I am a sucker for Forever 21, Wet Seal (There coming out with a plus size store in the Galleria Mall soon), Ross, consignments shops, etc. I am coming into my own as a young woman and I wear what makes me feel comfortable and what shows my figure. I believe that we should be proud of our bodies and love and embrace what we was born with. But I also feel that there is a fine line between showing what you got and leaving some things left to the imagination. Yes, I do feel as though we can wear what we want but I feel that we don't have to show all what we are working with. Who are you dressing up for, is it yourself or for other people? Is it for attention, validation? Many of the reality shows that are on today, the women on there are wearing outfits that are way to revealing and to be honest some those "outfits" aren't even that cute! (lol) But by watching these shows, it may make you feel that you have to conform into the norms of society in order to fit in and to be accepted into what the world thinks is beautiful.

As young women, we must not follow what the world thinks what is in or what is out. We have to follow what God says. Having a pretty face and a nice body isn't what makes is beautiful. It is what's on the inside that counts. Being humble, kind, generous, having a pure heart that is what God is looking for us to have and he knows we have it because he has instilled that within us. We must know that we weren't born to fit in but God made us to stand out. Hey, I know I'm weird, quirky, accident prone, and a whole bunch of other stuff and I embrace it and I wouldn't change it! (lol) But we have to take notice that what we put out is what we get back. We don't have to dress or act a certain way in order for people or some guy to like and take notice of us. Some times as women, we may feel that we have to dumb ourselves down in order for people to notice us. Beauty may be dangerous but intelligence is lethal! If they can't like you for you then they aren't meant to be in your life. Plus, what we have should only be seen for our future husband not for all the world to see. Along, this journey with God, we have to find ourselves and get to know who we truly are and not look to the world to know our worth.


Be Blessed

Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment